Pawn Bots 2.0 - lets do something creative

Recently it was discussed in discord, what makes projects

I think Doug has the right idea by identifying projects that are more than just PFPs. Moonbirds is the art collectors PFP, which gives you free NFT airdrops. Doodles is designed to steal users from ETH to Flow, and they intend to bring in all new users to Flow this via animation studio. Pawn Bots 2.0 needs something similar.

One thing that I think could be interesting and worth exploring is the idea of a community lead project. If this community project got a $15k, 1 time grant from HiFi DAO and then let the NFT holders vote on what to do… for everything. What makes this one different from everything else, are the rules attached from the start.
-No distribution of the initial $15k of funds to NFT holders
-Everything must be worked out in web3 space as much as possible before asking for help from a HiFi DAO employee(s).
-HiFi DAO employee can work no longer than 5 hours a week on this.
-Initial length of loaned employee is going to be for 4 months. After 4 months, its at the descretion of the HiFi DAO to enable at least 1 employee to provide 5 hours a week, for another 4 months.

After writing this i realized it shares a lot of similarities as Nouns DAO but with a few twists. If your not familiar with NounsDAO, this is a great video to catch you up, from a users perspective.

The simplified version is, we will use our version of the prop house to pick the best ideas. The best ideas in my opinion, should be those that
a) bring in sustainable revenue via a web2 or web3 business
b) be a part of the Pawn Bots 2.0 Virtuous Cycle (Proposals that when acted upon, bring more eyes to the project, which lead to people buying Pawn Bots/HiFi, which lead to more interest in this experiment, loop)

Heres a hypothetical exaggerated example. Lets say the community decides to be a reseller of Pawn Bots Coffee, because @Skyvault owns a coffee bean farm and can get us 1 kilo of Coffee beans roasted for $1. Then we ship to @jaydubb.eth’s coffee package plant, who packages and labels it for us at $0.50 a package basis. @taekwonkrypto knows the director of Amazon’s FBA service and gets us a deal to drop ship this coffee with a 10% discount on shipping on every shipment. This means that with shipping, we are looking at $7 shipping and $1.50 for the product, puts us at $8.50 total cost. With bags costing around $24 each per kilo, we would be making around $16 per purchase. Which are healthy enough margins to allow this to continue indefinitely.

1 Like

it’s noble but save the 9 of us, still degen market.

And if ‘we will use our version of the prop house to pick the best ideas’ then just use prop house.

bringing in sustainable revenue IS the golden egg everyone is chasing, which includes PB2VC (virtuous cycle).

i say stay the course, dope new art, defi railroads. lfg.

This is a great idea to explore and discuss further in too many ways. I hope my analysis help us dig deeper on it and continue the discussion about it.

I have several SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats) and additional questions to help evaluate this proposal from a different perspective.

Strengths:

1. Community involvement: Can you explain how this community-led approach will ensure the success of the project and foster a sense of ownership among NFT holders?
  2. Sustainable revenue: What strategies will be in place to ensure that the chosen business ideas generate consistent revenue, particularly in the rapidly changing web3 landscape?

Weaknesses:

1. Limited HiFi DAO employee support: With only 5 hours of HiFi DAO employee support per week for 4 months, how will the community manage the technical and administrative aspects of the project?
  2. Dependence on specific community members: The example provided relies heavily on the connections and resources of specific community members. How will the project adapt if these individuals are not available or willing to participate?

Opportunities:

1. Expanding into web2 and web3 businesses: How will the project leverage opportunities in both web2 and web3 to maximize growth potential?
  2. Utilizing the prop house: Can you elaborate on how the prop house will be used to identify and prioritize the best ideas for the project?

Threats:

1. Competition with other NFT projects: How will this project differentiate itself from similar NFT projects, such as Nouns DAO, to attract investors and users?
  2. Regulatory environment: What measures will be taken to address potential legal and regulatory challenges that may arise from operating a web3-based business?

Additional questions to discuss further:

1. Revenue allocation: How will the revenue generated from the selected business ideas be distributed among the NFT holders and the project itself?
  2. Decision-making process: What specific voting mechanisms will be in place for NFT holders to make decisions regarding the project?
  3. Risk management: What contingency plans will be in place to address potential setbacks, such as supply chain disruptions or changes in community member availability?
  4. Marketing strategy: How will the project raise awareness and attract new users to support the Pawn Bots 2.0 Virtuous Cycle?
  5. Scalability: How does the project plan to scale and accommodate an increasing number of NFT holders and business ideas?

There is no such thing as a crazy idea when it comes to exploring new horizons.

Can you explain how this community-led approach will ensure the success of the project and foster a sense of ownership among NFT holders?

Accomplished with the Pawn Bot 2.0 Virtuous Cycle mentioned in the original post.

Sustainable revenue: What strategies will be in place to ensure that the chosen business ideas generate consistent revenue, particularly in the rapidly changing web3 landscape?

Web3 will obviously be a tough one to accomplish, but web2 is relatively easy since we already have decades and centuries of evidence of models. Web2 is where the HiFi DAO employee comes in to do stuff that we cant. We cant sign contracts or lease a kiosk at a mall for example. The employee is needed for that.

Limited HiFi DAO employee support: With only 5 hours of HiFi DAO employee support per week for 4 months, how will the community manage the technical and administrative aspects of the project?

Yep, thats the design. The NFT holders will self lead the project. If they decide that everything needs a vote, then thats what happens. If they decide they need to Delegate their votes to representatives, then thats what will happen. The HiFi DAO employee will be around to do whatever the NFT holders can’t. Acting as a liason between the Web3 world and Web2.

Dependence on specific community members: The example provided relies heavily on the connections and resources of specific community members. How will the project adapt if these individuals are not available or willing to participate?

Its not dependent on them, just using them as examples of ways we can leverage our network to get preferential treatment. Hollywood says he wants to buy a warehouse. What if he does, then we could lease space out at a discount. This would be very helpful if the business plan was to buy Amish Furniture in bulk and store it in a warehouse and then dropship it to people on demand. If we dont have any special discounts from our network, then it doesnt change anything. We still move forward.

Competition with other NFT projects: How will this project differentiate itself from similar NFT projects, such as Nouns DAO, to attract investors and users?

Nouns is built on the following wheel. Each day a noun is sold, this money goes to the treasury. This treasury is then spent on ideas that push the nouns brand forward. This new push gets new users who buy nouns. Loop.

PB2.0 is built on the idea of. We have $15k. Community decides how to spend it. If the community messes it up, the experiment is over. If the community does a great job, they’ll make money. They have more money to work with and maybe can hire someone from the community to run this part time. The larger it grows the more people we can hire from the community. I dont know if hiring is a goal here, but just tossing out an idea that make sense based on the experiment being a success. Nouns is also an experiment, the difference is, we have no reoccurring income so we have to be smarter and more thrifty with the funds.

Regulatory environment: What measures will be taken to address potential legal and regulatory challenges that may arise from operating a web3-based business?

None that I can see. The web3 community can only make suggestions of the 1 person. If we make this a non-profit, we should be able to sell products or services to further our end goal of X (we havent established what X is) and by being a nonprofit, we can have the members of the NFT collection be volunteers to that nonprofit. So we can work together collectively to make it better. Reminder im not a lawyer, but at face value it makes sense to me.

Revenue allocation: How will the revenue generated from the selected business ideas be distributed among the NFT holders and the project itself?

A potential avenue is to further champion our cause as a non-profit. So if that cause is to promote the HiFi ecosystem. Boom, we have our cause and our champion (nft collection) The profits can be spent by giving to the DAO, that can be spent on employees, marketing, audits, etc

Decision-making process: What specific voting mechanisms will be in place for NFT holders to make decisions regarding the project?

The only thing that makes sense at this point, is to have a vote to enact Delegated Representatives. Probably use @Kingcliff82’s idea as a base and modify it a bit to make it fit. Delegated Representatives that last weekly is the best way forward. To prevent voter fatigue, we simply have a snapshot vote, that is open from now, to 4 months in the future. Then we setup snapshot to use percentage vote, i think its called, where you vote for the various names and can assign a percentage of your voting power to those people. Maybe we make our own snapshot fork to enable this, but have it setup so that each name listed, cant exceed 8% of the total votes. For example, once @Mainbrain gets 5%, he gets elected. His fans can continue to delegate votes for him up to 8% total votes. Beyond that, he becomes ineligible for votes and someone else must be picked instead. That 3% window is your safety buffer. If you dip under 5%, your out. Only those with 5% are in as representatives, they can have up to 8%, but if you drop below 5% your out. This allows the community to speak their mind and remove people they dislike at will and very quickly at that. An easy way to show how unfavorable their voters feel their actions are. Conform to what your voters want, convince them they need this or risk being involuntarily removed.

Risk management: What contingency plans will be in place to address potential setbacks, such as supply chain disruptions or changes in community member availability?

I think community member availability is resolved by the above. May need to have the NFTs staked, to get that voting power, so we know they are in this as a participant. If they unstake, 100% of their voting power is removed. When someone unstakes, it means the NFTs are going to PooledNFT, OpenSea or Blur… which means its now avialable for sale and a new participant can join or someone who wants to be a delegate can buy it to help reach their 5% goal. Or someone who is at 5.5% can sweep the floor to put themselves at 5.9% to help solidify their position as a delegate. Setbacks and supply chain issues should all be thought through at the beginning, when selecting what path to go down. Part of the Suggest-Criticize-Revise-Repeat to determine which idea is the one that makes the most sense.

Marketing strategy: How will the project raise awareness and attract new users to support the Pawn Bots 2.0 Virtuous Cycle?

Nouns did something crazy, but they had enough believers that it caught on. I think this is a crazier idea, because we have much less money and the experiment ends when the bank balance hits $0. Its the ‘your back is up to a wall’ style challenge. Sink or Swim. This is Nouns but hard mode. Its the ultimate challenge. Being forced to work with people, over a large but yet small sum of funds and to turn it into the largest pile of cash you can while handcuffed to your peers.

Scalability: How does the project plan to scale and accommodate an increasing number of NFT holders and business ideas?

The NFT set is limited by total amount and as such, so is the voting power of staked NFTs. If theres 10 NFTs staked, thats 100% of the vote. So as more people stake, the current holders get diluted down. As people unstake, they do so to sell… so more NFTs are available for those who want to delegate to themselves or delegate to others.

thats a fair assessment. I think this just brings some extra value/excitement that didnt exist before, as an interesting experiment between a web3 collective, a DAO and a legal entity.
edit
I posted this in the proposal section, while not being a proposal, but a discussion on a proposal. If this gains interest, i’ll better organize it to be a proposal.

Hey everyone, I wanted to share my thoughts on a potential idea for the Pawn Bots 2.0 project. I think creating a PooledNFT “NFT” funnel to replace “Pawn Bots” and a correlating NFT DAO through Prop House (or using a similar approach utilized by Prop House), by could be a cool and innovative approach. If this idea gains traction and builds awareness, I would love to propose it for a community vote. What do you all think?

—-

But optimally, I would like to just stay on the same course; I think putting this on for vote and handing it off is an easy way to let the team off the hook on delivering on their commitment and if anything goes wrong, they can just say — ‘You guys thought you were so smart, not so easy is it!?’ — I would just like them to finish the job and in doing so we can utilize pooledNFT “nft” as the “Pawn Bots 2.0”.

——

The discussion in the Hifi forum this forum revolves around finding projects that are more than just PFPs, and bringing in sustainable revenue through web2 or web3 businesses as part of the Pawn Bots 2.0 Virtuous Cycle. One suggestion is a community-led project that receives a one-time $15k grant from HiFi DAO and lets NFT holders vote on what to do. The project must be worked out in web3 space, and a HiFi DAO employee can work no longer than 5 hours a week on it. The best ideas are those that bring in sustainable revenue and are part of the Pawn Bots 2.0 Virtuous Cycle. The idea has its strengths, including community involvement and sustainable revenue, but also its weaknesses, such as limited HiFi DAO employee support and dependence on specific community members. There are opportunities to expand into web2 and web3 businesses and utilize the prop house approach (or prop house itself) to prioritize the best ideas. The threats include competition with other NFT projects and potential legal and regulatory challenges. Additional questions to address include revenue allocation, decision-making process, risk management, marketing strategy, and scalability.

Please do not hand this off to the DAO.
It would be one thing if we were further down the road but you’re like basically abandoning us by putting a lot of pressure on us right away if you do that. You committed to something and so see it through. So what is Crown ribbon going to become a DAO as well, probably not right. I put a lot of confidence and conviction into this project & now it’s it’s direction is being debated on the forum? Do we even control Pawn Bots? There’s so many uncertainties.

But optimally, I would like to just stay on the same course; I think putting this on for vote and handing it off is an easy way to let the team off the hook on delivering on their commitment and if anything goes wrong, they can just say — ‘You guys thought you were so smart, not so easy is it!?’ — I would just like them to finish the job and in doing so we can utilize pooledNFT “nft” as the “Pawn Bots 2.0”.

The ‘lets do something creative’ idea is an addition, to everything else that is/was promised to Pawn Bots. So you still get the v2 version, you still get Pooled NFT 2.0, you still get PB2.0 as collateral on HiFi. And now, we as NFT holders who stake their NFTs have the ability to run this experiment into the ground or turn it into something amazing.

Please do not hand this off to the DAO.

I should have been clearer and said the HiFi DAO contractors, ie, the former team known as HiFi. The correct terminology for them escapes me, but I hope you understand its the people who get a salary from HiFi, and not the people who own HiFi tokens and vote using Snapshot. Since we are limiting the HiFi DAO contractor’s assistance to 1 employee, for up to 1 hour a day for 5 days a week, for 4 months. They can only assist with whatever the PB2.0 holders tell them to do that we as a community cannot do. Such as sign papers. Anybody as a NFT holder could cold call places and get quotes. Example: Renting a kiosk at Mall of America near the food court, but only a legal entity could sign the lease agreement to do so.

Theres a ton of stuff that the NFT holders could do. But heres just the first example I came across that could make sense.

Flippa is a website where existing business owners go to sell their business. This is an example of a cash positive business. Its just dropshipping, its got a great name, an easy to understand product and cash positive! Its relatively cheap and since its an online business, could be managed by the community. Examples: Hollywood, TaeKwonKrypto and Jaydubb do customer service, Ebay does marketing, Kingcliff82 does biz dev, etc. One of the really neat things about this in my opinion, is that you can do interesting stuff like have 5, 10, or even 100 volunteers who assist daily. Because you have these volunteers, your actually able to dramatically lower your cost of business, because you have zero employees. its all staffed by volunteers.

You could also find a negative cash flow business on Flippa and determine that if we change hosting, remove email and do initial support over Twitter, we could reduce costs by 50% which would make it profitable. Again, these are just random ideas im tossing out to see what gets a bite from the community.

Hey, thanks for sharing your thoughts. As a fellow community member, I value your opinion and believe in the importance of exploring new possibilities. However, I also think it’s essential to strike a balance between staying on track with our commitments and being open to new ideas.

I’m definitely interested in hearing more about your proposal/ idea, at the same time, I don’t want to deviate too far from our current path.

Like maybe — instead of creating a platform for ideas, if you have an idea, I think we just jump right to it; because I have an idea as well, and it involves emerging with a pooledNFT “nft” & using said newly branded NFT as a funnel — to build awareness of the Hifi Ecosystem and PooledNFT is the front door.

Many disappointed members of the community right now (I’m one of them)
on what happened — though we brush our shoulders and respond accordingly and acknowledge it’s always a good time to consider new ideas — especially good ideas.

That being said, I encourage you to flesh out your idea and share it further. Your smart & creative; I celebrate your ideas. Let’s see if it aligns with community goals and values; I feel like time is of the essence.

I say this because in talking to people, I think the feedback that I’ve gotten privately is like ‘yo this is gonna slow us down even more.’

Even if we have slightly contrasting views, it’s like sometimes it allows a hybrid plan to come into existence, because different ideas thread together, almost like that of a rope, or a handshake threaded together team work and collaboration creates strength.

Overall, we should all be open to always hearing new ideas (esp. from smart people like yourself) and exploring creative possibilities; Let’s work together to find the best way forward.

I remember when I first joined this community and you were really helpful & kind to me. Many others here probably experienced very similar kindness from you and so yeah, from where I stand, we should all be so lucky to hear you out; you are a person that adds value.

The reason why im going down this crazy path, is because to be a successful NFT brand, you need to be more than an NFT.

Doodles has the emmy award winning animation studio that they own, so they can have them work on doodles stuff, whenever they are not working on commissioned projects.
Moonbirds is the art collectors PFP with free custom made airdrop NFT art from hot artists like Beeple.
Bored Apes has the entertainment route they are going, with the multiple website based games, the metaverse and more.
Pudgy Penguins is all about community, web2 and their toy line
Nouns is all about being Nounish, by doing projects that further the Noun brand.
Miladys is all about being counter culture and performance acting.
CryptoPunks are considered important because of the historical context of being the first on-chain generated PFP that has their art embedded in the blockchain with cultural significance.

I’d mention Azuki’s and DeGods, but I dont pay attention to them. If we want to be a top NFT project, we gotta do something to stand out from all the others.… and being the first to be listed on HiFi as collateral just is not going to cut it. We need to do something as crazy as “WE ARE GOING TO BUY THE CONSTITUTION!”, because the goal needs to get people outside of Pawn Bots to look and pay attention to Pawn Bots 2.0. I surely think that if buying the constitution is 10 out of 10 on the crazy scale, then having a bunch of random people assemble together to run a real business, with real money at stake, has got to be at least an 8 on the crazy scale. The idea is so absurd. The longer we go with it being successful, the more people will pay attention and its something to brag about online. Even if we fail, the fact that we tried to do the impossible, would still make us stand apart.

We’ve established the HiFi DAO contractors have limited funds, maybe a year, year and a half before they hit zero dollars. Our backs are collectively against the wall right now. The PB NFT collection isnt as popular as we would have liked. Now its banned from OpenSea. HiFi has zero daily usage. PooledNFT usage has stalled. Its time for some hail mary’s guys. Im not sure whats a cheap and effective way to get eyeballs other than this… but if you guys have some suggestions, lets hear them. Otherwise NFT collection controls a business should be seriously discussed.

1 Like

Love the time, effort and consideration.
The idea may be titled crazy but I do see the logic.
My query is more to do with timing to enable the thorough review this deserves.
Hifi Labs have indicated they have a new collection in the works and we will learn more on the lessons learned from Pawn Bots and the planned future direction. I form the view it is prudent to understand the intended path before an accurate appraisal and/or comparison to ideas such as this can take place.
Others may feel differently but that is where I am currently.

Your perspective reflects a deep understanding of the current NFT landscape and the unique selling propositions of successful NFT projects. As you pointed out, each of these projects has a distinct value proposition beyond being an NFT — they are building communities, contributing to the arts, innovating in entertainment, and much more.

Your approach is sensible and pragmatic. Any transformative action, especially one as significant as this, should be considered in the broader context of the project’s future direction. It’s essential to understand where Hifi Labs intends to take Pawn Bots and the new collection before deciding if this idea aligns with those plans.

I’ve come to the conclusion that Crown Ribbon is indeed the ‘something creative’ and my thread is no longer necessary.

I think this thread is still necessary and should be kept alive.
I’ve just read all the content just now, and I love it.

I think it’s totally worth exploring something new and unique (and do something epic). We deserve it to ourselves. We have been a strong group for years now and we know each other well enough to help build something unique. Agreed it should not impact or overlap the upcoming PB 2.0 NFT collection, we can still share ideas here. Party on the moon, buy the constitution, get branded on F1 cars… The cryptocurrency industry is powerful for those who dare to dream and try.

I haven’t checked this Nouns and Prop House thing, which I will do just now.

Also, just for reference, what we call the Hifi Team (the paid employee/contractual face of the DAO) is called the Hifi Labs.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear that you’re excited and enthusiastic about exploring new ideas within the Hifi community! Your willingness to dream big and embrace bold concepts is a vital component of any successful DAO.

Nouns and Prop House are interesting projects. Nouns are an experiment in on-chain, generative art, governance, and ownership. Every day, a new Noun is minted and auctioned. Ownership of a Noun grants access to a broad range of benefits, including governance rights over the Nouns DAO.

Prop House, on the other hand, is a venture that aims to allow users to lease NFTs from their owners. This allows users to access and utilize NFTs without the high upfront cost of purchasing them outright.

As for Hifi Labs, you’re correct that it refers to the paid employee/contractual face of the Hifi DAO. It’s an essential part of the Hifi ecosystem, driving development and growth.

Your idea of keeping this thread alive for exploring novel concepts is great! As you mentioned, the key is to ensure that these explorations don’t detract from other important projects such as the PB 2.0 NFT collection. The strength of a DAO lies in its community, and innovative ideas are always welcome to help shape its future.

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick descriptions of Nouns and Props House. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Gonna take this moment to brag about being so far ahead of the game, around 6 months to be specific. A PFP set has built their own Coffee brand Making Coffee just like I said we should do and another PFP set, called Degods has built destarter with the aim of the Degods community connecting with each other to help fill in the gaps that others are missing… by sourcing services from within the Degods community. https://twitter.com/frankdegods/status/1729328573184651525. And that’s exactly how I played it out above with involving skyvault, jaydubbs and taekwonkrypto.

2 Likes

Definitely take a moment to brag as it is well deserved for sure.
TBH, I had forgotten about this thread and it is with mixed emotions reading it in hindsight. I think SheetHeads were in concept/production phase from around January and this were completed in May and we were none the wiser for what were to be announced in August but to then be on ice in November. It has been quite the year indeed . Keep the creative juices flowing as if nothing else, you can use the concepts for your 1:1.

2 Likes